Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I left my heart in Alaska.

It has been 368 days since we left Alaska and moved back home to SC. I never thought I would say this, but I miss Alaska.  While I was there all I thought about was how badly I missed my family and friends. I don't think I truly enjoyed the great, beautiful state of Alaska as much as I should have. I realize that now. Below are a few things I miss about Alaska (besides the obvious things like my friends & my job, and I do miss both very much).

1. 21 hours of daylight - It didn't take me very long to get used to going to sleep before the sun set. I totally miss being out at 10pm and it still being light outside. It made it feel like you had an extra couple hours in each day.

I know I took a picture at night, but I can't find it anywhere. So instead here is the first picture we took of Anchorage, Alaska on our first day there in 2007.



2. The gorgeous, amazing views that only God could create.
Eklutna Lake

Six Mile Lake
Eagle River Nature Center - Winter '07, Fall '07

3. Seeing wildlife in my neighborhood and on the side of the roads. So fun! *But note, I do not miss driving 40 miles on the highway in fear of hitting a moose.*

Moose at the end of my street

Baby Foxes

Porcupine on Elmendorf AFB

4. Moose's Tooth - The BEST pizza I've ever had.



We'll be back one day Alaska, I'm sure of that.



3 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful pics! Thank goodness for these pics to help preserve your memories :)

Morgan | Mrs. Priss said...

What an amazing opportunity to be able to LIVE in Alaska! I was able to go visit for a few weeks on a mission trip, and it was one of the best experiences I've ever had. The daylight totally through us for a loop though, hahaha

Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog! That is such a hilarious coincidence that we have all these things in common! Another one I found while checking out your adorable blog is that we're both believers as well. Love it!

Megan said...

I have heard so many wonderful things about Alaska! It's probably the state I would love to visit the most- it looks absolutely beautiful. You are so lucky to have had the chance to live there! Thank you for sharing these pictures and I hope you and your family gets the chance to re-visit Alaska very soon.

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved