Friday, June 18, 2010

The new potato chip

Today, I ventured over to Target to waste some time before going home; apparently, I-26 was a parking lot for a few hours. While at Target I remembered I've been wanting to try "Popchips." Jillian Michaels mentioned these on Twitter a few months ago and I've been meaning to try them ever since. When I read that Jillian Michaels was eating CHIPS I was instantly confused. What? She doesn't eat that kind of stuff! So, I googled them and discovered they are actually quite healthy. Popchips are not fried OR baked. You guessed it - they are popped!

I was torn between the BBQ and the Sea Salt & Vinegar, but decided on the BBQ.

I'm not going to lie, I didn't wait to try these once I got home. I had a long drive home and was soooo hungry so I tried these in the car and WOW! Talk about flavor. You just don't get that kind of flavor in a regular potato chip, and certainly not in bland baked chips. I'll warn you though, if you try the BBQ flavor make sure you have a drink close by. The tang from the BBQ flavor is amazing, but a bit spicy.

Of course once I tasted these and realized just how amazing they are I was convinced they can't be all that healthy. See for yourself:


I know, I was surprised too. It's a good thing there are only 120 calories in 20 chips, because I'm pretty sure I devoured half the bag on my hour long drive home. 

Leave it to me to make my first blog post about food!

1 comments:

Jillian said...

i want the salt and vinegar!! yummm.

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved