Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July Fun

Confession:  I 99% 100% of the time absolutely loathe holidays. There is always way too much pressure to do something super fun or give someone something fabulous or make someone's day above and beyond perfect. It just stresses me out.

Shockingly, and thankfully...I actually enjoyed this 4th of July. I'm seriously surprised, but I did. We started the day off heading to church when I found out there wasn't going to be an actual sermon that day (the kids were going to perform a skit instead) so we bypassed that and went out to Sandhills to do some shopping since that is in a different county. (Gotta love the blue laws.) We had a very nice, but short trip out there. I stopped in Ulta to swoon over the GHD straightener I'm dying to have but just can't justify paying $250 for.  Then we went in World Market and looked around and then took Madi to Books-A-Million to play with the train set. 


Later that day Justin worked in the yard and I took Madi to the pool. Madi had a great time jumping off the steps and swimming with her new fish float. Then later that night we dropped Madi off at her GiGi's house and we went out to dinner with our good friends, Melanie & Allen. We ate at Red Robin in Sandhills and after headed over to check out the "Freedom Festival" down by all of the shops. It was a really big event with live music and local vendors. We stayed and watched the firework show and had a great time. It was really nice weather and great music with great friends so who could ask for anything more? 






Hope y'all had a nice 4th too! 

I hope this means my "iseriouslyhatetheholidaysandwishwestilllived4000milesaway" phase is now over.

1 comments:

Mommy Elephant Sarah said...

Hahaha. Holidays can be stressful that's for sure. Glad you had a good 4th though. :)

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved