Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bye Bye Diapers!

My biggest mommy fear has always been that my child would be 5 years old and still in diapers. Recently, as I've been watching Madi grow up and learn new things I knew she would pick it up very quickly when she is ready. Ready being the keyword. She has known for a long time that you are supposed to use the potty. She just wasn't interested...until now.

Last Saturday - She told me three times (on her own; I hadn't even mentioned going to the potty) that she had to use the potty and each time, she did! I thought, okay well that's just a one day thing.

Sunday - Peed in the potty once.

Monday - At her Grandma's she wore underwear all day and only had one accident (pooped in her pants). She did okay at home but was still wanting to wear diapers.

Tuesday - Sure enough, the next day was the same - dry all day until poop time. She was more willing to go potty at home and wear underwear.

Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday - She did wonderful and only peed once in her underwear, but knew EXACTLY what she was doing. She just stood in my MIL's living room and peed while watching herself go. Yeah, she was testing things I guess. She did great at home but pooped in her underwear on Wednesday.

Saturday and today - She had NO accidents in her pull-ups, even on our hour 1/2 long trip to and from Charlotte. Saturday night she actually pooped in the potty!!!!! Just a little, but a little bit still counts!! I never thought I'd be so excited about seeing poop! HA! (For those of you who do not have kids, I'm sorry that this post seems so weird.)

MY BABY GIRL IS POTTY TRAINING!! I seriously am just SO proud of her! She has even gone the past two nights without peeing in her diaper! WOOOT!!!! I knew she knew what to do. She just had to become interested in it. She got upset today when she pooped in her pull-up so I think she is really trying to go in the potty. My MIL bought her a toy last week and put it on the bookshelf where Madi could see it. She told her she could have it when she pooped in the potty so now Madi gets that on Monday. I think I'm going to go buy her a "poop toy" today too because she still won't poop in the potty except for that one time. I sure hope it works!!

I'm ecstatic in case you can't tell. She'll be 2 1/2 this month and she has conquered a lot in the past 6 months. She can now count to 15, put her shoes on (Crocs and sandals with clasps), pull up her pants, go up and down the stairs by herself, count to ten in Spanish, and is paci free and now potty training!

Yes, I'm a proud mama!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Be proud, girl! Those are awesome accomplishments and this newest one is definitely something to be proud of. I'm not personally a mother, but I helped to raise 3 of my younger siblings and it's definitely true that they have to be "ready" to potty train to actually get it going. Good luck!!

Unknown said...

You are a great mum being able to have taught her so quickly. Or I should say she is a smart girl for learning so fast!

Neely said...

YAY! You must be so excited!

Ashley said...

Yay! That's exciting!

Unknown said...

GO MADI!!! (and mama!) :)

Mandee said...

oh my goodness, what I am to look forward to when I have kids!! My sister is due in July...her baby shower was today...so this is becoming reality. soon I will be helping her potty train too. love your story thanks for sharing!

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved