Monday, May 16, 2011

MIA Excuse...

Hello!! I have been SO MIA. I have a good excuse...well, at least for the past few days. Saturday afternoon we had a short thunderstorm and lightening struck our house/wiring/whatever and we are now saying RIP to our cable box, internet box, laptop power cord, phone charger, TV, and DVD player. Oh and our garage won't open. No worries because we have homeowners insurance. FAIL. I called today and our deductible is $1000. Whose bright idea was that?! I'm seriously bummed.

Luckily we are all okay and I am thankful that husband unplugged the iMac and none of the laptops were plugged in, nor the new tv. Although replacing about $750 worth of stuff is just not in our budget right now. We had planned on selling the TV that got hit and using that money towards a bill so that idea is long gone. UGH. Anyway, back to my point - I haven't had internet (OR TV - so sad, I missed Sister Wives, Desperate Housewives, AND Real Housewives last night) so I haven't been able to blog. I'm typing this in an email and posting it from my phone!!
 
We should have internet back tomorrow so I'll post weekend updates when I can. Hope you all have a great week!
 
Oh side note - What do y'all think of Toms? Initially I thought they were hideous but now, after seeing them on my friend's feet, I am obsessed. Kind of like my relationship with Uggs - so so ugly but amazingly comfortable and my fav pair of shoes!

9 comments:

Suze said...

I'm glad yall are okay girl! Praying your internet is hooked back up in no time :)

Toms look cute but i dont own any because i dont think they would look cute on me haha! maybe i'll look at investing in trying some on first!

have a great monday!

Neely said...

Im sorry girl! I hope everything gets straightened out. What a nightmare :(

Unknown said...

Oh no! You can't catch a break :(

Shari said...

Couldn't agree with you more on the Toms. I too have recently considered investing in a pair. How awful with the lightning strike. Hopefully everything will get back together shortly. What an annoying unexpected expenses!

Jessi said...

I'm glad you're ok, but that's still terrible.

My friends love Toms, but I just can't get myself to jump on the bandwagon.

Megan said...

Goodness that is a crazy weekend! At least it was minor damage only

As for Toms, I love my pair. They're really comfortable and go with shorts or pants quite easily. I added some satin flowers to mine for a little bit of color and accent. I would highly recommend them.

Whitney said...

New follower here! I love finding new blogs. Your baby girl is adorable. Mine just turned 6 months old yesterday. Hard to believe...anyway looking forward to following!

lil desiqua said...

That's horrible! But glad you and the fam are ok!

I am out on both Toms and Uggs...I don't think they look cute on anyone. As for Uggs, I think I was scarred in college because just about every girl had them, so I wanted nothing to do with them. And I'm not a fan of the Ugg boot mini-skirt trend. Plus, I don't understand how you can actually wear them in rain/snow- don't they get kinda gross?

Anyway, good luck with whatever you choose!

Amazing Fabulous Wedding said...

Glad you are back!! Missed your blog. Hope everything is going great for you this week.

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved