Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day #4 Update

Yep, it's Day #4 here at our pent house suite at MUSC. Woot woot. Okay, not really.

Yesterday started off quite rocky - I got into a tiff with the room service lady very early in the morning. She wouldn't let me order my food, only Justin's. Ridic. So this brought on a mountain of tears from me and I had a pity party for a good 20 minutes. Poor Justin had no clue what to do. I was a mess. I wasn't really crying over the room service lady (as all women know, but men just don't get that) but over missing Madi mainly and just the lack of sleep made it even worse. I seriously have never missed someone so much in my life. Thank goodness for Skype though. Seriously. Although it does make her a little sad. :( It's great to get to see her smiling and get to play with her even though we aren't there with her.

My snazzy "bed."

So, after my ultimate cry fest of 2011, Caitlin came and brought us lunch and brought her XBox for us to use while Justin is here. Both times he has had a seizure he was playing video games so we thought we'd give it a try. Unfortunately hospital TVs are not video game friendly so Justin has to sacrifice sound in order for color. Ha! You should have seen us trying to figure this thing out. Hysterical. Later in the afternoon Josh and Carrie came to visit with snacks in hand, and a toothbrush for Mr. Forgetful. So awesome of them! Carrie knows me well. She brought me Doritos, Slim Jims, & 2 big boxes of Jr. Mints. :) Oh and she brought the actual patient Oreos. He's simple like that. :) We ordered pizza and all had an insanely fun night playing FruitNinja and doing more FB stalking.

image via

Every morning the doctor comes in around 10 and gives us an update of how Justin's EEG has been looking. He said there is still no seizure activity, but he was more "understanding" today. (I don't think that's the right word, but yesterday he seemed much more rigid.) He did say that it is not uncommon for people to not have a seizure until about the 5th day. We are not even through the 4th full day yet, so we still have hope! They have been decreasing Justin's medicine daily and now the dr said it was risky but he is going to stop one of the seizure medicines completely. This should do the trick and although it may cause a bad Grand Mal, he is in a safe place for this to happen. So, we are trying to keep our heads up and see the light at the end of the tunnel - although, the dr mentioning some patients being here for 10 days was NOT encouraging!! Ahhhh! TEN days?! No thanks! Oh and he also said sometimes 2 shots of vodka do the trick! Hahaha! I think he was serious too!!

So, today Melanie is coming up to visit and we plan to hang out and bug Justin with girly talk so he'll get stressed out and have a seizure. I'll let you know if our plan works. :)

I really do have the best friends. Caitlin, Carrie, Josh, and Melanie have all gone out of their way to come and see us and it really does mean the world to us. Thank you all so much for being here for us during such a difficult time! And of course, thank you to all of my blogging friends and followers for being so encouraging, and of course our family! We love you ALL!

Here's the sweet, sweet video Justin had Madi record for me the day we left. <3


8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a comfy-looking "bed"! Sounds odd, but praying for a seizure so y'all can figure things out and get the heck outta there!

Neely said...

I agree with Linds, sounds odd but praying for yall!

Ruth said...

Glad you have such good friends to come visit you. Like Neely & Mrs. Smith it is weird to pray for a seizure but I know it will help y'all figure out what is up.

Ashley said...

Praying for y'all! Hope things will hurry up and move along so y'all can get out of there!

Amber said...

Continued prayers your way! "Praying for a seizure" sounds harsh but I will do just that. I used to work on a neuro floor (but it was post-op surgical neuro) so I get the waiting game. Hang in there!

Amber said...

Praying for you that the waiting game goes more smoothly for you! I hope they can figure things out for Justin so you guys can get back to sweet Madi. That vid was precious!

Mrs. Werginz said...

Saying a prayer fo answers and a cure for Justin! It is ok to cry...your world is rocked right now. You are blessed to have such wonderful people come help y'all in the hospital! Enjoy those Jr. Mints...those are my fav and I can't have them on my diet! :)

A Chocolate Bouquet said...

Aww....what a cute little video! I'm sorry you have to be apart. =(

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved