Saturday morning I woke up bright and early to drive to Greensboro, NC to meet Lindsey for our girl's weekend for the NKOTBSB concert!
I will admit, I was kind of nervous about meeting my first blogging friend in real life. But, the minute Lindsey pulled up by my car and waved real big, I knew we'd get along great! She even brought me diet cokes, and packed candy & doughnuts for us for after the concert and Sunday morning. :) She's awesome!
We met at the Greensboro mall for lunch, shopping, and pedis! We just sat and talked for the longest time during lunch. It was great getting to know her apart from our texting and twitter convos!
Lindsey and me at the hotel getting ready! I look like a giant. Ha!
We had dinner at Olive Garden and then went to the best concert EVER!! You can read all about it...tomorrow! :)
Madi Moment Monday time!!
Trying on a possible flower girl dress.
Instead of posting things she has said this week, I'm going to recap a little of what she's learning, how she's growing, etc.
Madi is now 2 years and 8 months old! (well, in 3 days) Crazy. I honestly cannot believe she's almost 3. Here's what she's up to these days:
- She loves to draw smiley faces and circles.
- She can write an "A" and recognizes M's, A's, & D's.
- She knows what sound an "S" makes.
- She can go to the potty all by herself (get on and off, wash her hands, turn off the light, etc.)
- She's potty trained completely during the day!!!! YAY!
- She can drink out of a regular cup.
- She recently started kissing and loving on J & I when she's shy. She also says "I love you" all the time!
- She will order her own food at restaurants.
- Her favorite shows are Dora, Diego, & Yo Gabba Gabba.
- Her favorite movies are Tangled & Finding Nemo.
- She says her blessing before meals and we read her Bible every night.
- She thinks Jesus is a girl and God is a boy. :) We are working on that one!
- She weighs around 31lbs.
- She is still not sleeping in her bed. We are working on this one also!
- She is in the "why" stage.
- She loves to play with her stuffed animals, blocks, and kitchen.
I guess I do have 1 quote from the week. Lately she's been saying she does not want us "to be apart from each other." (she's 2 - it totally surprises me that she knows what that means!) I told her that I was always with her in her heart. She looked at me like I was crazy and said no. So, I told her I would get us matching necklaces or bracelets and we could both wear them every day. She said she wants star ones. I can't wait to pick some out! :)
Hope y'all had a great weekend and stop by Lindsey's blog and say hey! She's the sweetest girl & she just got a new design and blog name!