Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Trip to Lake Gaston

In my last post I mentioned Justin & Madi weren't feeling well. Luckily they just needed a good night's sleep. Friday morning they woke up feeling much better so we packed up the car and headed to Virginia to stay at Lake Gaston for the weekend with The Smiths!

Lindsey invited us to come stay with them at their family lake house. I am so glad we went. We had the best time!!! Friday afternoon/evening when we got there the girls played in the sprinkler, we had pizza for dinner, and then all went on the boat. The girls, Justin, and Michael swam in the lake and Linds and I laughed at how cold they all were. :)




Madison's first boat ride. Love McK's smile!

After the girls went to bed, the adults played Apples to Apples. It was my first time playing and I absolutely love that game! We had lots of laughs with it that's for sure!

Saturday we woke up bright and early. The girls and Justin went swimming off the dock for a bit and then we went back out on the boat to go tubing! Big Bertha (the tube) was a hit! Madi really wanted to go. I, of course, was a nervous wreck so just took her the first time. She absolutely loved it. I went with her once after that because she really wanted to go again! McKayla completely mastered the tube. It was so fun watching her bounce around. I can't believe she didn't fly out! 

Madi, Justin, & McKayla

Madi "swimming" for the first time. She was trying really hard! 

Justin & Madi on Big Bertha

Saturday afternoon we lounged around, ate a bunch of junk, and played some games. That evening we celebrated Michael's birthday with some amazing local cupcakes that Lindsey bought for him. YUM. Lindsey also made us a delicious dinner and we all just enjoyed the beautiful view! 

Madi crashed early that evening. Someone played too hard!


Sunday morning we had to leave early so we could get home in time to rest for the work day on Monday. We were SO sad to leave. Justin & Michael hit it off great, Lindsey and I needed more time to chat, and McK and Madi were just so so so sad it was cute!! We can't wait to hang out with them again!

Sad to say good bye.

But they are so happy to have each other!

It was one of the best weekends we've ever had! So so thankful for good friends! 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY! We had such a fun time, too! I wish you could have stayed longer! Can't wait for our next visit :)

Nikki said...

Apples to Apples is my favorite family game! There is a Sour Apples version at Target that I am going to be forced to get before summer is over.

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved