Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Jeans & TShirts

I have been having a difficult time feeling like I "fit in" lately. I thought those feelings would go away after high school. They did for a bit but for some reason, the past few months, I've felt so out of place every where I go.

Things have been magnified 100 times over. Things I normally wouldn't notice. My clothes aren't trendy enough or dressy enough. My hair isn't pretty enough. My nails aren't painted. I don't know why this is all affecting me so much all of a sudden but it's pretty bad. Bad enough that I don't really enjoy going places anymore.

The thing is though that I am not comfortable in heels and dressy clothes. I am not ME in skinny jeans. I LIKE wearing jeans and tshirts. So what in the world am I so self-conscious about?!?

I'm not blogging for any reason other than to get this off my chest because I truly am bothered by all of this. I know God loves me - chipped nail polish & all - but something is not "clicking" to rid myself of these less than worthy feelings.

I want to be comfortable in my skin and at 28 years old, I have yet to master it.

3 comments:

meghan said...

I definitely haven't mastered this either, but here are my two cents if you're interested. I have found that I'm much more confident because I've found something that I enjoy as a hobby and passion for myself. Having running and making it such a part of my life has made me worry so so so much less about what other people think, wear, or do. I can now focus on things besides other people. I'm not saying that running is the only thing, but is there something that you enjoy that you could spend more time doing that might help you find fulfillment that could lead to confidence? Because you've just gotta do you. You're the best you, no matter what else other people are doing.

Jennifer said...

I know what you mean. There is a site called the Knot right? Well my wedding month chat group created a FB group so we can all keep in touch and I still feel like that is all cliquey and no one really likes me. I have had this issue my whole life. I don't get it. Maybe I am not likeable. Who knows. I just know that most girls hate me for whatever reason.

Unknown said...

I don't think anyone has mastered "loving" themselves that way. I have a super skinny friend and the other day she was saying something she didn't like about her looks.

Wear what you're comfortable in! You are kind and beautiful and you love Jesus. That's all that matters :)

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved