Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Big Steps

I haven't blogged in over a month, but it feels like it's been longer. I'm back, with a great post - Madi is now sleeping in HER bed ALL night!

That's right, we are no longer co-sleeping (well, except for those nights when I miss her snuggles or she's not feeling well). I always felt strongly about letting her sleep in our bed until she was ready to separate from us. My thought was she's only this little once, and it's not hurting anyone by her sleeping with us, so let's cherish these moments while we can. Well, a few weeks after she turned four, she was ready to start sleeping on her own. It was all her decision. She was just finally at that level of comfort with her surroundings and felt like she needed to be a "big girl."

Our bedtime ritual now consists of reading her a book and her devotion, saying prayers, and singing her a few songs. Before, if she did sleep in her bed, we'd have to sing to her until she fell asleep and only then could we go out of the room. Now, she's just fine going to sleep after we leave the room. It makes life SO much easier at night.

I'm really proud of her and feel good a. I don't mind having a little more room in the bed now, either. ;)


1 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is so great! I love having Emma in our bed. She is so much fun to have someone to cuddle with.

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved