Thursday, August 29, 2013

Tomorrow is the day


The day my "toddler" becomes a little girl. Madi starts 4 year preschool tomorrow morning. I am sooooo excited, yet sooooo sad! She's growing up - really, really fast. I don't like it. I texted my friend the other day and said can't they just stay toddlers forever? But of course I don't truly wish that. 

Her face lit up when she saw her classroom on Wednesday. She was able to meet her teachers and a few classmates. She was so intrigued by everything going on around her. She was given a coloring page but barely touched it. I love that she's so observant. She did color the blank "cookie" though! 

The theme for her class is the "smart cookies." I think that's just adorable! I'm very pleased with her new school. The curriculum is wonderful. It includes a daily devotion, yoga!, and bible stories and then of course learning numbers, abcs, shapes, colors - all of which will be review for her. The biggest reason I wanted her to attend preschool is for the social skills. She is extremely shy. I know this will be a great challenge for her but one she needs! 



So back to my point of this post - tomorrow is her first day!!!! She goes for 2 hours tomorrow. Normally she will go for 3 hours. She's crazy excited and that just makes it so much better. She has requested eggs with cheese in the morning so that is what she will get!

We did some prepping for school tonight that I want to share with y'all. It was so much fun! 

Were you this excited when your kids started school? 


I found this free printable on pinterest. I didn't like the cookies shown in the pinterest picture though. I thought they looked too cheap so I chose these new yummy looking cookies! 

Painted her fingernails and toenails. She loved the accent nail!

First day outfit all picked out, complete with jewelry and headband.


Wondering what this new time in our lives will hold! I'm ready!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so excited for Madi! I think she will love preschool. If I could do anything else, I'd probably want to run my own Christian preschool - this one looks SO cute! I love your cookie gifts. They look DELICIOUS! Tell Madi that McKayla and I are cheering her on! :)

Huggies and Heels said...

I can't believe Madi is starting preschool already! I hope she has a great first day! Love her dress, nails, and gift for her teacher! So adorable! And yoga in school?! I'm pretty sure this needs to be added to our work days as well!

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved