Friday, August 9, 2019

This Season.

I can't be the only mom who feels this way.

Wake up. Take care of kids. Go to work. Take care of kids. Clean the house. Take care of kids. Go to sleep -- take care of kids -- go back to sleep. Repeat.

This morning I found myself wallowing in what is my life. I have no excitement. It feels so mundane. We are in the midst of potty training our 2.5 year old and the number of trips to the bathroom far exceed my 10,000 steps a day, I'm sure.

The laundry, the sweeping, the 40 hour a week job, the grocery shopping, the bathroom scrubbing - when does it end???? The whining, the clingy-ness, the neediness - when does it end??? I'll be the first to admit, I'm not one of those super emotional moms about my kids growing up. No judgement on those who are (I know I'm in the minority here), but I enjoy seeing my kids grow into their independence and complete their "firsts." BUT, as I sit here in my own self-pity, chocolate donut in hand, I realize something not so very profound -- this season shall pass. My husband pointed that out to me actually, so I can't take all the credit.

This season, too, shall pass. It's true. I may always have a house to clean, but maybe one day I can afford a house cleaner?? Or, how about, I'm just happy to HAVE a house to clean. Our daughter is not going to be clingy forever. She's not going to need me every minute of every day forever. She is not going to be screaming "I need to pee!" in the middle of a restaurant forever. (At least we hope not!)

So, as I finish my chocolate donut, I'm telling myself to enjoy these days. To get over the fact that my house looks like a bunch of slobs live there. To tell myself that I'm only human and isn't it more important that my kids are fed and bathed rather than my floors polished and dishes washed?

Maybe some moms can do it all. But I'm sure even they feel like they are inadequate in some area of their life. So, we need to stop trying to do it all. Stop eating the donut to indulge in our self-pity and realize that this season will pass and we will miss it. We will miss the chips grapes on the floor and we will wish we didn't have time to do the dishes the same day we used them.

You're doing a good job, mom. So hang in there. Life is only mundane if you let it be mundane.

0 comments:

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved