Sunday, August 8, 2010

Beach Weekend & Song Challenge






spon·ta·ne·ous
–adjective


1.
coming or resulting from a natural impulse or tendency;without effort or premeditation; natural and unconstrained;unplanned: a spontaneous burst of applause'


Spontaneous describes my husband and I to a T. At least it did this weekend. Where do I even begin?? Well, I planned a weekend trip for us to go to Myrtle Beach. I don't particularly love Myrtle Beach but I wanted to go somewhere different and to a beach so that is what I came up with. Our hotel looked awesome online - 14 pools, 2 lazy rivers, kiddie pools, putt-putt, ocean-front. Heaven, right?

Not so much. We got there Friday evening and checked into the hotel. Hubs and Madi stayed in the hotel while I parked the car. When I got back to the room Justin and I both said simultaneously, "We are not staying here." The hotel was DISGUSTING. Stained comforters, leaky ceilings, dirty, dirty, dirty.

So, he got our money back and we got back in the car and started searching for a hotel. Let me lay this out for you - it's August, in the South, in one of the top tourist attractions, and one of the last weekends before school starts. You guessed it, no vacancies anywhere. Not to mention it was storming, we had a toddler that had already been in the car for 3.5 hours, and we were all hungry and tired. What to do, what to do. 

Wellllll Justin's sister and her kids were in Wilmington, NC for the weekend so, why not? I thought it was a little crazy to drive another 1.5 hours but we weren't going to find anywhere in MB to stay, plus it was supposed to rain all weekend so we decided to take on the adventure! First stop though was food of course! As you can see Miss Madi was not really affected by our dilemma.


The trip was a success! We stayed in a much nicer hotel, for the same price. My sister-in-law's boyfriend's family are members of a private beach club so we got to reap those benefits. It was great. The beach was not crowded at all. Of course, we didn't stay long because Madi does NOT like the beach. The "bubbles" (waves) are scary and the sand is "dirty." I agree with her on that one. She is a pool girl like her mommy.

She sat in her beach chair for a few minutes...





and a few more minutes, with bribes of playing her iPhone game



and she played in the sand...for about 2 minutes (if that)





I did get in some beach reading though, because hubs took Madi up to the rocking chairs and let me relax. It was wonderful! 

Today we had breakfast and then went exploring downtown Wilmington before heading home. It is a really gorgeous place. I wish I could have gotten better pictures, but we forgot our camera so these are all iPhone pics.













We had a great trip, despite the bumpy start. It was fun to be a little spontaneous and adventurous! I think Wilmington may become our new beach destination. It's a bit further than Charleston or MB but it's a family friendly place and the beaches are much less crowded. Hope you all had a great weekend!




Song Challenge: Day #15 - A song that describes you

Let me take a raincheck. I'm going to have to think about this one for a while. I have no clue!


0 comments:

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved