Thursday, September 30, 2010

A little of this & a little of that

Hello! Happy Thursday! So, I can already tell y'all that this post is going to be all over the place so please forgive me now. I have lots on my mind and haven't had much chance to blog lately.
 
First things first - Am I the only person who does not like pumpkin anything?! Pumpkin scented candles, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, etc. For real, I do not like pumpkin. I never have. So come on, anybody out there with me on this? Anyone?! I digress.
 
So, I FINALLY found Madi's Halloween costume! Who knew that you need to buy costumes 2-3 months in advance! I really, really wanted the Owl costume at Pottery Barn Kids but it was sold out within a few weeks. So I settled on something elsewhere, but I know it will be super cute on Madi because everything always is! I'm going to save it as a surprise though and post pictures from Halloween night!
 
Speaking of how cute Madi is, I've been wanting to get her pictures taken professionally for a while now. Today on our lunch break Justin and I went to this boutique down the street from work and found the most adorable dress for Madi. I'm getting it monogrammed and don't have it yet, otherwise I'd show y'all a picture. But now that I have the dress for the pictures I just need to pick a date. The thing is, I'm a little worried that she won't go for the whole "camera in her face by a stranger" thing. She has been extremely shy around strangers lately and I just don't know how much bribing it will take to get her to cooperate. I will keep y'all posted though!
 
Also, her birthday party planning is underway! The "tacky or not to have a birthday wish list" poll was not much help, as the results were 50/50. But I did decide to go ahead and make one, because like a lot of you said - people don't HAVE to use it, it's just a guide. So thanks for those who gave me your feedback!
 
My ramblings are done for the day I guess. Thanks for sticking around. :) Oh and are there any Biggest Loser fans out there!? The new season just started, opinions? For those who don't know: I LOVE The Biggest Loser - I also LOVE to watch it while eating a big bowl of ice cream. Guilty!
 
Ohhhh and one more thing! I saw this on Twitter and thought some of you may be eligible:
 
$10,000 Blogging Scholarship - Deadline October 21st
 
http://www.neatorama.com/2010/09/29/blogging-scholarship/
 
 
Xoxo!


Photobucket

4 comments:

Lauren H Edmondson said...

Thanks for posting the link about the blogging scholarship! I am seriously debating going to grad school (online, since I baby #1 is due 02/26/11) and I am definitely going to check it out.
And I HATE pumpkin smelling things too!

Lacey said...

I can't wait to see what Madi is going to be for Halloween! I hope her birthday party planning goes well! Oh and I left you an award on my blog today! :)

Amber said...

Oooooh, the Halloween costume SUSPENSE is going to kill me!! I can't wait to see the pics, I am sure she will be adorable! For the pics, my daughter's 2-year pics brought me the same worries....what I did (and it worked great!) was get a tub of props (aka BRIBES!) that I wanted in the pics. Her birthday is around Easter, so I had a basket of plastic eggs, some fake cupcakes (we did some cupcake theme ones to match her bday theme), suckers, a real goldfish in a bowl, etc. It worked great! GOOD LUCK!

Morgan Elizabeth Yarborough said...

I definitely applied for that scholarship! haha. Oh, and by the way- I don't like pumpkin either!!!

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved