Friday, September 24, 2010

Okra Strut and FQF!

Friday, oh Friday. You used to mean something to me - a break, relaxation, time with my family... Not this week.I have to work tomorrow, and every other weekend for the rest of eternity. And yes, I would like some cheese with this wHine.

I'm also especially bitter about working tomorrow because it's the Okra Strut Festival weekend!!! Yes, my hometown of Irmo, celebrates Okra once a year! Seriously funny! 


I've been going pretty much every year since I was in the 4th grade. This year will probably be the last year they hold the festival, which is why I'm super bummed that I can't make it.  It's your typical festival with small rides, good food & good music, but I still always like to go! We Irmites are proud of our Okra Strut!! Who knows, maybe I'll get to stop by for a few minutes before it's over tomorrow. 


Five Question Friday time!

1. If you could speak with a different accent, what would it be? (i.e. Australian, Scottish)
Well, my cousin and I randomly claim to be "Helga, from Sweden" (insert Swedish accent) and have a great time with that. However, I don't think Swedish would be my accent of choice. Honestly, I'd just like to have a more Southern twang to my voice! My friends say I do have a southern accent, but I don't think so. I wish it was more pronounced, kind of like Britney's on Big Brother, or Reese Witherspoon in Sweet Home Alabama! I'd love to have her accent!

2. Can you fall asleep anywhere? (i.e. floor, couch, deck)
No. I really need to have a blanket, a soft surface, and "the fan noise" to fall asleep. I have a very hard time sleeping anywhere other than in my bed, especially planes. I cannot for the life of me fall asleep on a plane, not even during a red-eye 8 hour flight from Anchorage, Alaska to Charlotte, NC...crazy, right?

3.  Do you use public restrooms? If so, do you sit on the toilet?
I have this problem where I have to pee ALL THE TIME, so I think I've used every restroom in Columbia, Lexington, & Irmo. I cannot pee squatting either, so yes I have to sit on the toilet seat!! If it's gross, I'll just wait and go to another restroom. BUT, here's my philosophy (I heard this somewhere so I guess it's not my philosophy per say, but still...) - some public toilets are probably cleaner than the ones at your own house. Think about it for a minute - do you clean your toilet seat every day? I know I don't, and if you do then you have too much time on your hands! But public restrooms are (usually) cleaned daily so really, they may be cleaner than your own...well, it makes me feel better, anyway! :)

4. If you were stuck in an elevator for 24 hours, what celebrity would you most want to be stuck with?
Carrie Underwood!!!! Seriously, I love her and I think if we got to hang out then we'd be best friends! Okay that's creepy isn't it? Well, I don't mean for it to be. She seems really down to earth though and I think we'd have fun! I like Mama M's answer too - being stuck in an elevator with Ellen DeGeneres would be awesome, but I think she'd make me laugh too hard and then I'd have to pee...

5. Where did you & your significant other go on your 1st date?
Is it bad that I don't remember this?! I know the first time we hung out we went to Chick-Fil-A, but it wasn't a date because it wasn't just the two of us. Hmmm, maybe he remembers...

Woot that was fun! Can't wait until next Friday!




Photobucket

2 comments:

Amber said...

Okra strut, hahaha! Love it!! That sounds like fun...even though I am not an okra fan, I would be there too! Small town festivals are the best. Sorry you have to miss it :( Hope you have a good weekend anyways :)

Mrs. Werginz said...

Why is it the last year of the Okra festival? I love some okra! We go to the peanut festival every November over in Alabama!

I have heard the same thing about public restrooms! If everyone squats, we should be good with out toilet covers and such!!

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved