Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Eve!

I know I said I hate holidays, but that is so not true anymore. We had the best Christmas Eve & Christmas ever!! Instead of worrying that everything was perfect I simply enjoyed spending time with my family and celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ! The presents weren't too shabby either. ;)

On Christmas Eve we went to my mom's family get together over at my aunt's house. I got to see family that I haven't seen in many years. It was really nice to catch up with everyone! After that we went to church for the 4pm service with my step-dad, Alan, and my brother, Matt, and also met my cousin Morgan and her family there. The service was amazing and really helped put Christmas into perspective. That night Alan & Matt came to our house for a meatloaf dinner (made by me! I actually cooked, aren't you proud?) and to open presents. We had a great time and Madi really loved having her Pop over to play.

Matt loves being in pictures.

It's a tradition to let her open one present from 
mommy & daddy on Christmas Eve.

"Gone fishing, be back in time for deer season." 
He loved it.

"Oooooo" 

He loves his espresso machine! I did good!

Opening her present from Pop. She got wooden blocks!

I tried to get a picture with Santa's milk & cookies we 
left out, but it was past someone's bedtime.

After everyone left and Madi went to sleep Justin and I got to play Santa for the first time! (Last year we didn't really do the Santa thing because she was too young to really understand it.) We were up until 1:30am putting her presents together!! We enjoyed it though and knew it would be worth it to see Madi's face the next morning! 

Christmas needs a post all on its own so check back soon! 

Photobucket

3 comments:

... said...

Oh I bet playing Santa for the first time was so much fun! I can't wait for that at some point in the future!

Unknown said...

Cute! Looks like you had a fun Christmas. :)

Pop said...

Best Christmas Eve for me in years! Thank you for everything! Love you, Pop

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved