Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day Trip to Charleston

I know I said we weren't going to go anywhere this weekend, but we changed our minds! Imagine that!

Saturday Justin and I took a day trip to Charleston. We never really did anything for our anniversary, so we thought this would be a nice little trip for just the two of us. Madi stayed with her GiGi so she had a fun day too!

Justin and I went to the market and did a little browsing. We bought a couple of "Carolina Girl" t-shirts for Madi and then grabbed some lunch at Sticky Fingers. It was pretty good! After, we went to Hyman's Seafood to get two pieces of their key lime pie to go. Yes, two pieces. I do not share my key lime pie. (I will not tell you that 3/4 of the reason I picked Charleston was for the key lime pie at Hyman's.) We ate it at the battery since it was such a gorgeous day!

hubs eating the world's best key lime pie. 

On the way home we randomly stopped at the Tanger Outlets and boy am I glad we did! Initially my plan was to just get Madi some clothes, but then I saw they had a Coach outlet! I did find Madi a few things at OshKosh and then I found my new love...


yes, that is PURPLE lining. love.

Coach was having an amazing sale. This purse was already marked $100 off, then another 50% off and then another 30% off with a coupon they gave everyone in the store. Talk about a deal. I don't buy very many purses and have been using my Michael Kors purse for at least a year now so I think this was a smart buy. :) Plus, I bought hubby a watch on Friday for an early Valentine's Day present (he's been wanting it for a while now) so we are counting this as my early V-Day present too. It just makes us feel less guilty when we say it's for a holiday. Ha!

And of course I have to show y'all one of the cute outfits I got Madi! 


So, yesterday was a great day and today was spent with friends and family so this was definitely a great weekend! Now if only we could have another one tomorrow!
Photobucket

11 comments:

Nikki said...

Madi is too cute! If only I could afford a Coach! What a great find, loving the purple lining!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!! Have a great week!

Unknown said...

LOVE Charleston! Definitely one of my favorite places! :)

Glad y'all had a good time and I LOVE your purse!

Ruth said...

I love Charleston. Glad you got some good buys at the outlet.

Morgan Elizabeth Yarborough said...

I love your purse and I love Madi's outfit!! I'm glad y'all had a good time!

Jacqueline said...

oooh i wonder if they have any more :)

Lauren H Edmondson said...

Charleston is one of my favorite places - love the old buildings and sideways houses with crazy porches!

Terry said...

Fabulous bag and I am so glad to know Charleston has a Tanger Outlet since we're headed that way for spring break! Wish we had known about Hyman's key lime pie...our last excursion there left us way too full to think about dessert. Live and learn!

Anonymous said...

I too went to Tanger this weekend! In Orange Beach, Al. I Bought 4 fabulous pairs of boots during Happy Hour at Charlotte Rousse! Your handbag is wonderful!!!

Sherri said...

I was there Saturday, got one daughter a purse for her bday, other daughter a wallet for her bday, and got me a change purse for "just me" day!!! All for $150 because they were on clearance with an additional (yes, additional) 50% off of clearance, then the 30% off of full purchase! You can't beat it! Nikki, you can afford Coach if you shop the outlets and clearances!

Kelly said...

Brittan!! Ask Greg (haha ;-)) I GASPED when I saw the photo of your purse!! It's sooo gorgeous; I'm SO jealous. How much was it if you don't mind sharing?

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved