SO, here's my Top 10 Places I Want to Visit in the US before I'm old. Well, older. Because I actually want to visit all of the states at some point, but these are just the first 10!
1. New York City, New York! - For obvious reasons. I would love to see all of the tourist attractions, a show, eat some good pizza and hot dogs, and do a little shopping! Hubs and I were planning to take a trip here in May but now with his tests and possible surgery that is on hold. We will hopefully go this year though!
2. Hawaii - I am kicking myself for not going when we lived in AK. Flights are SO much cheaper from there and we could have taken a military hop for free!! I have always wanted to go to Hawaii, hasn't everyone? One of my friends is having a destination wedding there this summer. I so wish I could afford to go!!
3. Los Angeles, California - Okay so maybe my choices so far are kind of "duhs" but if I have them on a list then it means I have to make a special effort to actually go!! I think this one will be the hardest to get Justin to agree on. Maybe this will be a girls trip! Any takers? :)
4. Seattle, Washington - Whoa, there's a different one for ya! Sleepless in Seattle is a classic and yes, it made me want to go to Seattle. But Seattle also just looks so neat. Which Bachelor was it who lived here? Jason? I would love to see the house boats and the Space Needle!
5. Mall of America in Minnesota - Yes, I had to look up what state this was in! I am a rollar coaster fanatic so I kind of just want to go to say I've been on a rollar coaster in a mall. How cool would that be? But I mean, the shopping wouldn't be bad either! I honestly wanted to drive home from Alaska just so we could stop at the MOA! Ha! A 4400 mile drive just for that. Needless to say, we came to our senses but I will make it here one day!
6. Las Vegas, Nevada - I never had a desire to go here until I met hubs and he told me about how fun it is. He's been twice with his old job and didn't even gamble or see shows, but still had a great time! I think it would be fun to go and
play watch hubs play a card game or two, go to shows, and stay in a fancy hotel!
7. Denali National Park, Alaska - Again, I am kicking myself for not going here when we had the chance. Denali was only about 4 hours away but it's not easily accessible in winter and there are about 9 months of winter up there so it didn't leave us much time to visit. :( I still wish we would have made the time though, but this way it gives us an excuse to go back!!
8. Hershey Park in Hershey, Pennsylvania - You didn't really think I'd make a top 10 list without an amusement park on here did you? I would LOVE to go here! Seriously, this should probably be #2. I am always up for a thrilling rollar coaster. It is sad to admit that being the rollar coaster fend that I am, I've actually only been to two theme parks, multiply times of course, but still! Anyway, I would also love to take Madi here. I think this would be a great family trip when she gets a bit older.
9. Boston, Massachusetts - I'm not really sure why but I've always wanted to go to Boston. I actually used to want to move there. It's weird too because I don't even know much about it. I think it's just one of those places you see in a movie and decide you would like it. I would love to just drive around and see the beautiful New England style homes.
10. Chicago, Illinois - When I was younger I wanted to be a reporter and wanted to work for the Chicago Tribune. I imagined myself wearing a pencil skirt and blazer and carrying a briefcase while walking to work in the wind! Oh to be young again! That did not happen, but I think it would be neat to visit and see if I would have liked working in the windy city!
all photos via
Well, there you go! That's my list! What's your list? Should we do a linky? Let me know what y'all think!