Friday, March 4, 2011

FQF: Snakes vs. Birds

Is today Friday? I have no idea. All I know is that I am on day #2 in this tiny hospital room with a bathroom the size of a VERY small closet. I'm talking linen closet small. 

Anyway, time for some fun questions that will hopefully keep me awake, because I'm totally about to fall asleep!


1. Have you ever forgotten your child in a store or at school?
I have not and I pray I never do!! I would feel so so awful if I ever did that. My mom forgot me at school once, but luckily I was old enough to just walk home. I was still sad though!

2. Where did you go on your very first date? (Like...first first, not first with your spouse or current significant other!)
I think I was dropped off at the movies by my parents and met my "boyfriend" there. Totally middle school! I think we actually went to see Space Jam with my "boyfriend's" friend tagging along! Does that even count as a date? So funny how young and silly that was, but I was so excited and nervous just like you should be on your first date!

3. What's your "silly" fear? (We're not talking water and heights.)
Okay, maybe I've told you this before, maybe I haven't. Idk. I am terrified of birds. Well, really anything with feathers - birds, CHICKENS, turkeys, GEESE, swans, PEACOCKS, etc. Get those creepy things away from me. My dad had pet parrots at his house and I would cry if he opened the cages. They always flew at me and I would seriously panic.

Oh another funny bird story - My mom and I went to Peru on a missions trip when I was in high school. While we were there we visited a snake farm in the jungle and to leave the farm we either had to walk around a ton of gigantic (I can't remember what kind now but think largest snake ever) snakes on the ground or walk around a tiny parrot. Guess which path I tried to take? Yep, the snakes. My mom jerked me away and made me walk by the parrot and I about died. Totally. I think it tried to bite my arm...or something. The snakes would not have messed with me. Horrifying.

Oh and my other silly fears are cotton balls and wet shower curtains. CREEPS.

4. Confrontation: do you cause it, deal with it as it comes, or run far far away?
I mean I wouldn't say I cause it but I am not a doormat either. It also depends on who we are talking about me confronting. People in stores/restaurants that need some lessons in manners? Sure, I will tell them to be nicer. Work people? No, I try to stay away from that kind of confrontation. It just makes for an awkward work situation. At home with friends & family? I will confront the issue if it's come to that point. I don't pick fights, but I definitely speak my mind and take up for myself and my family. :)

5. Wood floors or carpet? 
CARPET! I think I am one of the very few people who prefers carpet over wood floors. Hubby loves wood floors but my least favorite chore ever is sweeping so no thank you! Plus I feel like wood floors are just "cold" and I like the comfy feeling at home. Don't get me wrong, I think wood floors make your house much more "magazine-worthy" but I like how carpet feels way better...and I love vacuuming!

I liked these questions today! Please play along so I can read your answers! Help me out - I'm SO incredibly bored in this place!! 

8 comments:

Neely said...

LOL you crack me up

Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... said...

You really ought to check out Mommy Does... 5 ? Friday, just sayin. We could be cut from the same cloth, hahaha!

A Chocolate Bouquet said...

Enjoyed your answers, and that's a serious fear if you are willing to walk by HUGE snakes rather than by one bird! Wow!
I'm off to find your follow button-I can tell your blog is one I'll enjoy!
Have a nice weekend-I hope you are ok, being in the hospital and all. Take care!

A Chocolate Bouquet said...

I just read about your husband-very touching, and my thoughts are with you all.

Unknown said...

Your fear explanation is hilarious! Peacocks are so pretty, but I don't get too close!

And I agree with your confrontation stuff!

Amber said...

I'm w/ Neely, you make me laugh girl!

I'm scared of birds too! I always swear they are gonna "peck me to death".. what's up with that?!

Mindy said...

Hi! Stopping by from 5QF!!!
I have to tell you a bird story of my own.....I was swimming in my uncle's pool with my cousins. My little cousin was fascinated by the goose that was in the pond outside the pool fence. SO, uncle puts the goose in the pool. I was wearing a swimsuit with a ruffle around the top. Apparently, that ruffle looked like food to that goose because it attacked me and bit my neck. I will admit that ever since I've been a bit afraid of birds, too. They bite. And it HURTS!!

Will be back! Nice to meet you!

Pinkim said...

Hi, I stopped by through the 5 question meme...I love your answers and your blog...I also am a fellow pink lover...hence the name of my own blog..I am your newest follower...Pinkim! TrulySimplyPink

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved