Saturday, March 12, 2011

Seeking Motivation

I am not happy with my weight.

image via

I know this is probably not a shocking revelation to the world, as the majority of women are not happy with their weight. But, ever since I had Madi my weight was no longer the main thing on my mind. I do not wish to be stick thin like I was before I had her, but I do want to be happy with how I look and I am not.

My problem is that I lack motivation. I feel like I have more trouble than most with self-control and motivation. SO, I am hoping that telling you all my plans will make me more motivated to actually achieve my goals and follow through with this for once.

First, I plan to stop drinking diet coke all together. GASP. For those of you who know me, or even just follow my blog, you know that I am A.D.D.I.C.T.E.D. to Diet Coke. I drink it alllll day long and freak out if I don't have any. The reason I am doing this is because I really think that the "myth" about Diet drinks making you more hungry is true. I am constantly starving and there is no reason for this! I don't think it will be that hard for me in the afternoons and evenings, but the mornings are going to be a real struggle. I cannot drink water in the mornings. Like, I will gag. Anybody have any suggestions on what I can drink to get going in the mornings?!

Secondly, I am going to attempt to work out at home in the mornings before work. This is going to be my biggest challenge. I HATE working out and I do not do well getting up early, but I know for a fact that I wouldn't do it in the evenings. After work I have dinner to worry about and bath time and stuff like that. Working out at night would just not even be reasonable for me. So, mornings it is. We have an exercise on demand channel so I plan to just use that or do Dance Central on Kinect when I'm not feeling the real workout routines.

Thirdly, I'm going to try and go back to the 1200 calories a day I was doing before I got pregnant. I used to be SO good at this and I could tell you the calories in every single thing. Now, I have no clue. I totally threw that out the window the minute I got pregnant (and obviously that was a good thing). This is a big deal for me too though because I cannot stand vegetables and my "diet" is very limited as far as what I will actually eat. I used to live off of lean cuisines, turkey sandwiches, jello, and baked cheetos, but now I am so so so sick of those things. I really have no idea what I'm going to eat. Ugh!

Well there it is. That's my plan.  I am starting Monday and I will let y'all know how I do. I don't have a set amount of weight I want to lose. Is that a bad idea?! I just want to tone up my stomach and lose the love handles and trim down my butt and thighs. I just want to feel comfortable in a bathing suit again!

Do y'all have any advice for me? I'm really nervous about this and really hope I can do it. I seriously have no clue if I can. :-/

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did notice you love Diet Coke! hehe It is so bad for you! I'm glad you're going to try life without it! You will feel much better, I promise! I cut pop out of my life completely and sometimes when I have even just a little bit it makes me feel so icky!

If you are craving the carbonation of a drink try Club Soda (zero calories) and a bit of any juice you like. It tastes SO good! I usually get Raspberry or Raspberry Cranberry juice.

I don't like working out either but I am officially addicted to the after feeling of it, therefore, I am addicted to working out. Random. I know how hard it is to get up in the morning BUT it will wake you up & give you SO much energy during the day! So try it and stick with it as much as you can! Your body & mind (exercise releases endorphins which make you happy) will thank you! Cardio is very important. I do it 5 days a week. It's good to shock your body though too instead of doing the same thing each day, then eventually you'll hit a wall and you won't see improvement so try to change things up every so often. One day lunges/squats, next, weight training/sit ups and so on....with the cardio (challenge yourself by going a bit faster/incline a bit higher).

If you hate veggies, try it with a salad and a yummy (low calorie) dressing or something?! I like sliced peppers with some cheese melted over. Tastes good! Otherwise...try to eat whole wheat types of food. Even rice noodles for pasta dishes etc. Just little things like that which go a long way!

Beware of buying low fat, low calorie etc types of snacks or whatever because of the sugar content! Many people don't know that while looking at carb intake is important, so is sugars! Maybe even more so than carbs. Because sugars turn into fat which causes us to get not so cute love handles and extra weight on the unwanted areas. So always check the nutrition information on the box before buying. 15grams of sugar a day is all you need (so I've read/heard.)

Anyways, I said way too much but hopefully some of it helps =)

Good luck, you can do it!!!!! I can't wait to hear about your update!

xo
melissa @champagne wishes.

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

I love Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It's a quick at home workout and I always feel it the next day. Good luck!

The Brunette Suburbanite said...

Like Leah said, the 30 day shred is pretty good. Its 3 different 20 minute workouts. Definitely worth doing. I hated working out but now I don't mind it as much.

L said...

ok so I am sure you know I addicted to zumba! You should come with me sometime. I am going to the Y on Kennerly and I LOVE IT. I don't feel like I am exercising because its so fun! I would also suggest crystal light in the AM, that what I drink because it's water but with so much flavor!

Ruth said...

Any of Jillian's tapes are great. Self magazine does a 3 month challenge every year that starts at the end of this month too.
I post every Monday about my workouts and what I want to do for the coming week. Keeps me accountable.
I know you can do it

Anonymous said...

Your plan sounds very much like mine... I haven't started yet though. Good luck!

Brittany Nolan said...

Oh my goodness..I think about 98% of this post is exactly how i feel/struggle with!!! but thank you so much for sharing!
I am a diet coke freeeeak! (hello 99 cent large diet coke at mcdonalds!)
I feel like a slob because I havent worked out in years. (and I would reeeally like to start doing so in the a.m's!)
I am also the PICKIEST eater in the world. seriously, i bet a 3 year old eats better than me. i hate veggies or anything healthy.



this may sound silly.. but maybe we could be bloggy accountability partners?! we can check in on each other every now and again to see how we are doing? we can suggest new foods to each other and any good workout plans.
let me know what you think:) i plan on starting on monday too!
we can do this! :)

Sarah said...

girl, I am right there with you. I have NO motivation. I don't want to be stick thin either but I could def stand to loose a few pounds! Maybe we can help to motivate each other? lol I am so stubborn and just like yummy food too much haha

Amber said...

No, it doesn't sound bad, it sounds great, and I'm proud of you.. I know you can do this! I'm here for you if you need motivation or anything at all! :)

Unknown said...

My BIGGEST piece of advice - don't try to do it all at once. I started doing the 1,200 calories after Thanksgiving, gave up diet soda about two months after that, and started really exercising about two weeks after that. Pace yourself - you don't have to do it all at once!! :)

Good luck!

meghan said...

Hey girly. I know how you feel. I'm doing the Couch to 5k, which you've seen me post on twitter. It's really a great way to get started with running and learn how to get into some sort of a running shape. I like the idea of using the Kinect or doing the workouts on demand. I have a Kinect and bought a workout game and have only used it once...please keep us updated.

I want to try the 1200 calorie thing too...I need something badly! I'm giving myself a number to lose, but I think if you don't have a certain amount to lose then just feeling comfortable with yourself is a great goal!

Shari said...

I have so many things to say about this post that I don't even know where to start. First off I will say, good for you! Second, a way to drink something that's not just water in the morning is getting some of those crystal light packs - they make lemonade, ice teas, etc. and putting it in a bottle of water. That way you are still getting a decent amount of water, but with a punch of flavor. Another reason why you may be starving all the time is because you are dehydrated. I'm sure you have probably heard this before, but sometimes your mind just thinks you are hungry when you are really thirsty. So definitely bump up your water intake. As for healthy foods - i would suggest soups. You can find the low fat soups that are good for you and will keep you full longer. At about 200 calories for the whole can, it's a pretty good way to get in a tasty meal that will keep you going. For snacks, try raw fruits and veggies. Try to find ways that will make you enjoy eating them. I think this is a hard topic for everyone, but before I write a book on here I will stop there.

Lauren H Edmondson said...

I too am about to start a new healthier food regime Monday to attempt to lose this baby weight, I kept thinking "oh I am okay, I mean i JUST had a baby" - but Sawyer is now 5 weeks old and I am NO where close to being able to fit into pre-pregnancy clothes and my stomach jiggles in ways that disgust me. good luck to you and here's hoping the lbs. fall off both of us!

Deviled Megs said...

You've gotten so many good tips here! Jillian Michaels has a new 30day DVD I am dying to try. I like her workouts because they KICK your butt in less than 30 minutes. When I have given up diet soda, those crystal lite and sugar free drink mixes have been the best. I drink tons more water, I really dilute them, b/c I find them to be a bit too sweet. Check out the selection at Walmart -- the sugar free Hawaiin Punch is my fave!

And find veggies you love and add them to every meal. Tons of em.

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved