Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hubby's Birthday Weekend!

What a jam packed weekend!!!

Lots to update you guys on!

As y'all know, Friday was Justin's birthday. What I couldn't tell y'all then was that I was planning him a surprise dinner! I invited our friends & family to his favorite Mexican restaurant. Justin was definitely surprised! He told his brother (not me, you know - can't admit it to me) that this was the first time he'd ever been tricked. :) I'm good! We had a great evening with everyone. After dinner Justin, his brother, & I went to see The Hangover 2. It was hilarious! Totally gross, but hilarious! Justin's sweet parents kept Madi over night so we could go. It was weird being out so late and I totally cried myself to sleep from missing her so bad! I'm such a baby! :)

J & Me before his birthday dinner

Saturday we picked up Madi and went to Cracker Barrel to continue Justin's birthday celebration. We had a nice breakfast as a family. Afterwards we tried to pick up Justin's birthday present. I got him a gift card to Dick's Sporting Goods so he could get the punching bag and stand he has been wanting. Unfortunately they were out of stock. Hopefully he will be able to get it this week. He said he's going to teach me how to box. :)

My loves at Cracker Barrel.

This morning we woke up and headed to the beach. Have I mentioned we are very spontaneous people? Very. Madi has been asking to go for a while now, so we figured why not. She had a BLAST!! It was a complete 360 from last year - scared of the ocean and wouldn't touch the sand. So not the case this time! She was running around, splashing, chasing seagulls, building sand castles. It was perfect!

Folly Beach, SC



Husband and I did realize though that we are not beach people. I try to like the beach because you're just supposed to, right? But I just don't. I can't stand the sand and the ocean is creepy. We will continue to take Madi though. The memories are priceless!!

Justin's birthday weekend was a success! I will have to get the pictures from the surprise dinner from my FIL and then I'll be sure to share! What did y'all do this weekend? Y'all ready for Monday?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend!! Just the way they were intended to be spent.

Lauren H Edmondson said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I am jealous of your spontaneity, my husband and I have to plan everything to a "t" before we can do anything haha. We put our 3 month old Sawyer into the pool for the first time this weekend and he LOVED the water, so I hope he will be like Madi and love the beach too when we go later this summer!

Just Jen said...

You got him! Yea!! It's tough to trick a man like that. Sounds like the weekend was awesome. I don't like the beach, either. Yet again, something else we have in common!

Neely said...

Sounds wonderful girl!

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved