Tuesday, July 30, 2013

From a child's eyes...


This morning, Madi & I went through the Bojangle’s drive-thru. The lady taking our order was acting really funny/silly. I guess she was having a good Tuesday! When we left, Madi asked “which one was the funny lady?” There was a white lady and a black lady at the window and because I couldn’t, at the time, think of another way to describe her I replied with “The white lady.” Madi looked confused so I asked if she knew which lady I was talking about. She said no. So then I said “She had white skin.” Madi laughed and said “no one has white skin!” I said “we do.” She looked down at her arm and said “hmm, more like beige.”

Y’all. I was laughing so hard. 

But then, I started thinking and it’s so enlightening to see that at four years old, Madi isn’t noticing skin color. She doesn’t pay attention to people by the color of their skin. The innocence in her comment was so awakening for me. I hope she never changes!

0 comments:

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved