Monday, January 13, 2014

Apples in the trashcan.



Something very monumental in Madi's timeline of life happened yesterday.

She lied.

Yep, it was the first time. At least the first time that I know of and the first time she looked me directly in my face and told me a lie.

I had a hard time not laughing actually.

I told her she had to eat her apples before getting something else to eat. She told me they tasted better if she walked around while eating them. Ummm okay Madi. So every time she grabbed an apple she walked down the hall, where I could not see her. I knew she was lying right away but gave her the benefit of the doubt. I played into a bit too. What mom wouldn't?

I told her I was proud of her for eating them. I was really surprised when she just said okay and smiled.

Since I'm new at all of this, I called Paul for some advice before addressing it with her. He gave me some good suggestions on how to handle it. First things first - I had to find the proof. Sure enough, when I checked the bathroom trash can there were the apples. That's just how innocent she is and kids in general are. She didn't try to hide them in the trash. She just put them in there and didn't think I would notice.

So I sat her down and told her I saw the apples in the trash. I didn't really have to do much after that. She immediately started crying. It was very sad!! I wasn't too hard on her because well, we all did that as kids. It's just part of growing up. But I did pull out the whole "you really disappointed me" thing. I also said "didn't you learn it's not okay to lie from church?" She said "no, we haven't learned that yet." Haha! Well darn!

I don't think she'll be doing that again. It was a shock to me though that she's already old enough to do stuff like that!

Had to document for her to read later and laugh. :)

0 comments:

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved