Monday, February 10, 2014

Meet the newest member of our family...


If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter then you have been anxiously awaiting the introduction of this little guy. I apologize if you have lost sleep over this. Truly. 

Please meet Weezy, the newest addition to our family:


Yes, I did say his name was Mr. Flappy (on insta & twitter) but Madi changed it. He reminds her of Weezy from Toy Story and hey, the name fits!

Last Thursday I took Madi to the doctor. She has had a deep, loud! cough for about 3 months now. Don't freak out … I did take her to the doctor two-three times during that three months. Each time the dr said she had a sinus infection. FALSE. I know sinus infections and she did not have one, or three.

This time the dr did not say sinus infection. First thing she said was that Madi sounded like an asthma patient when listening to her breathe. She had her do a breathing treatment while in the office, listened to her again and then said she had walking pneumonia. Personally I was glad we finally had a name to this so it could be treated. Madi has been exhausted lately - going to bed by 7:30 at the latest for the past two weeks and missing gymnastics, which she never wants to miss. Doc gave her steroids, an antibiotic, and Weezy - the nebulizer. We meet with Weezy 3-4 times a day for the next week and then go back to the doc.

Hopefully Madi will be all better by Thursday, when we see her doctor again. She had an allergic reaction to her antibiotic last night so she's on a new one for the next 10 days. I think the breathing treatments are helping though - at least I hope so!

She really doesn't act sick except being tired and a bit grumpy. The cough sounds awful but I know it could be way worse. We really are blessed with our health!

Glad we got Weezy out of this too. He's super cute and fun to look at!

How was y'alls weekend? Did you hear we may get S N O W again!?!! ECKKKK! I hope so!!

0 comments:

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved