Sunday, April 13, 2014

I don't like my D!

I've never been one to have a hobby. Sure, I blog but that's extremely inconsistent. I read but I don't consider that a hobby.

When I saw Stefanie, a sweet Southern belle/entrepreneur with whom I went to high school, post information about an upcoming calligraphy class, I gasped. No exaggeration. I've always wanted to learn calligraphy. I have good hand writing (I learned today that does not matter in the slightest when it comes to being a good calligrapher) so I just always thought it would something I could master. So, I signed up for her class!

I just got finished with my first ever calligraphy class - Cupcakes & Calligraphy - as it was so cleverly named. I am hooked! Stefanie went over the details of the art form including the technical aspects and the historical info. Then she took us step by step through some key strokes & the alphabet. Now I just need to practice, practice, and practice!

I don't think I'm a lost cause. It was really fun, relaxing even, and I think with said practice - I can do this!

I didn't think to take pictures until the end but Stefanie had a beautiful table ready for us, complete with place cards and cupcakes! 


Beautiful! 

In class practice! 


See my name down there, I did that! Not bad for my first try.


Oy. These letters need lots of work.

I'm so glad I took this class. It is truly something I think I will love perfecting! And look out - your Christmas present will probably be something calligraphed… 

Check out Stefanie's company, Stroman Studios, and hit her up for your calligraphy needs!! 

Also, follow me on instagram to track my progress (hopefully, there will be some…) - babblinbrunett

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cool idea! I would love to take a calligraphy class, seems like a wonderful skill to have. Good luck.

Stefanie Johns said...

Thank you so much for this Brittan! I am so glad you enjoyed yourself and I look forward to Round 2! [Coffee + Calligraphy] -- you will be addressing full envelopes before you know it! ;) Great job yesterday!

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved