Monday, August 4, 2014

3-0!


I turned the big 3-0 on Saturday!!! As said here, I'm thrilled to be 30! This year is going to hold great moments and memories. :)

I admit, I was a bit sad to be celebrating such a milestone birthday away from the majority of my friends and family. I think Paul knew that, without me saying so, because he made me feel extra loved on my birthday!

Saturday morning I opened my gifts from Madi & my mom. Madi gave me such a thoughtful gift - pearl earrings. I dropped my only pair down the drain about 6 months ago and she remembered that. She also drew me a picture and her grandmother took pictures of her "modeling" and framed them for me. My mom gave me a gift card to one of my favorite clothing stores and wrote me a note that almost made me cry. Almost!



Since Paul & I are spending every extra penny on our wedding (and since I don't NEED anything) I told Paul all I wanted for my birthday was my car cleaned out. He did that for me and did an amazing job!! My anxiety level seriously decreases drastically when my car is clean. I'm in it SO much that it's really important to me for it to be clean.  <3 doing="" for="" him="" nbsp="" p="" that="">
Madi, Paul, and I went to IHOP for breakfast. I normally don't eat there but when there is no Lizard's Thicket in the same state as me, the alternative is IHOP. It was very nice having breakfast with my loves.  Unfortunately, I felt absolutely awful the majority of the day so after breakfast I lied around at home until we went bowling. Paul had that planned and our friends Jeff & Pam met us there. We played a good, competitive 3 rounds. Madi beat me in round 2 and Paul killed us all in every round!

Madi & Pam "cheering" for Paul during the girls vs boys game & Jeff's finger is photo bombing



After bowling I did some more resting, then I thought we were dropping Madi off at Jeff & Pam's so that Paul & I could go out to dinner buttttt my sweet fiancĂ© had a SURPRISE party waiting for me!! Boy was I surprised! Pam decorated her kitchen and had a very nice spread of appetizers for us. She also made me that fun 30 sign in the picture at the top of this post. She put all my favorite candy on the board and little gifts and things that happened the year I was born. So crazy to see how things have changed in 30 years! 

What blew me away was that people I've known less than a year, some less than a few months, came to spend an evening to celebrate my birthday with me. I really felt like I'm somewhere I belong and like I have family here. I never expected to have people so openly welcome my daughter and me into their circle of friends and treat us like family. It was really amazing! 


one of my birthday gifts

Enough sappiness - we ate my fav - cheeseburgers and french fries! And cookie cake!!!! Yay! :) It was a great day/night. And my friends & family back home didn't forget my birthday either - I got some great cards in the mail and love that I'm getting snail mail now that I live in a different state! 

Cheers to being 30! 

1 comments:

Meredith said...

Happy belated Birthday!! 30's are the best so far. ;)

Brunette's Booth

Follow me!

Follow on Bloglovin




A Babbling Brunette

.


 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved